Allow me to re-construct blow by blow and fact by fact of what had happened and what led to the suicide of Rohith Vemula. But before I start, as a preface:
If the ABVP power/presence in JNU pales in comparison to their presence in DU (Delhi University), then the ABVP presence in HYD CU is not even remotely comparable to their presence in JNU. Additionally, this confused, conflicting and highly negatively constructed narrative on Rohith Vemula’s death and the circumstances to his death cannot be complete without the contribution from a person like me who stays just a couple of kms away from the Hyderabad University Campus, and who also shares a common birth place as Rohith Vemula which is Guntur from Andhra. I was and am pleasantly surprised that, an incident which has sparked a so called outrage across Central Universities in India hardly is evoking any kind of mileage or response from both the Telugu States, namely Telangana, where Rohith is studying and Andhra, a state which he belongs to. With the ABVP activists belonging to Telangana unlike Rohith Vemula.
- Rohith Vemula and his colleagues were seen offering namaz or prayer (I don’t want to paint namaz as not good. It is anyone’s freedom of choice) to terrorist Yakub Memon, and also publicizing a video on Muzzafarnagar riots.
- My basic question is what do so called research scholars have to do with all these anti-national activities?
- Considering the fact that, he has achieved his Scholarship and admission on fake Dalit Certificate, which is actually another issue which developed as this entire issue was deeply investigated.
- Let’s keep the issue of his fake certificate aside. Assuming that he was a genuine Dalit, fully knowing that his entire family depended on his Scholarship amount of Rs.40,000/pm, is it required of him to judiciously pursue his education or pursue anti-national activities?
- Now, when the ABVP activists protested, he himself initiated the process of instigation by tearing of ABVP Posters, which he was questioned by them, without physically touching him. The mature ABVP activists left him at that, seeing and hearing his highly immature answers and replies.
- Subsequent to this incident, one of the ABVP activist out of frustration, since no one was taking action against them, posted in his FB page referring them as goons.
This antagonized Rohith Vemula and his group further and they went to this guy’s hostel room and bashed him up. Which is typical case of Dominant Student Politics and Muscle. My statement in the ‘Preface’ is authenticated here, since, the ABVP did not make any attempt to retaliate against this major provocation.
- Now it is to this ABVP student’s luck or Rohit’s bad luck that, this guy withstood their bashing.
- Let us say this guy had died in that bashing up. The whole story would have turned upside down.
- Now the real story starts from here.
- This ABVP activist had an existing appendix problem. The symptom of appendicitis is pain. Depending on the pain, the doctor to whom the patient goes to, refers 2 solutions. He either advises to operate on the appendix depending on the acuteness of the pain, or, he sends the patient back with some medicine if the pain isn’t much, clearly advising to be careful so that the appendix does not burst or rupture inside. Basically meaning, to avoid trauma in that area.
- As an info which can be easily availed, an appendix which ruptures or bursts inside leads to the patient’s death in most of the cases. And the main reason which could cause a dormant appendix to burst is physical trauma.
- Which is what happened when these 30 students bashed up the ABVP activist. Since, the most common part where a person is hit is always the abdomen.
- Just google it up u will get hundreds if not thousands of examples of patients with dormant appendicitis dying due to just physical trauma in that region. This was the fact which was conveniently ignored by the media. That, it was the Physical Trauma arising out of the continuous bashing he received from Rohith and his friends which led his appendix to burst inside, which led him to the ICU.
- This led the student to the ICU, fortunately for him, the Doctors could save him.
- Now his mother who is also an OBC like Rohith Vemula’s mother but has chosen to remain a Hindu ( I feel if she too could have converted then this controversy wouldn’t have erupted at all), started running from pillar to post for justice, after going through the trauma of almost losing her son.
- It was apparent that the College authorities were not capable of giving her justice, out of fear of the SFI, AISA domination on campus.
- Meanwhile, long before this scuffle/incident happened, these entirely dominated and helpless ABVP Students petitioned the only BJP MP from Telangana, Shri Dattatreya to help stop anti-national activities, since no one in the University was either listening to them or was bold enough to stop the activities of the much dominant SFI & AISA.
- If he would have been a TRS, TDP or Congress MP, they would have sent their goons to the campus to settle this issue or any issue regarding their Student activities and the entire incident would have been then brushed off.
- Everyone knows that presence of BJP & ABVP in this area is to the bare minimum and do not have the presence or numbers to fight either TRS, TDP, Congress, SFI or AISA. They are growing now courtesy this incident and the fake certificate of Rohith Vemula.
- So, what Shri Dattareya rightly did is to write to the HRD Ministry.
- HRD Ministry rightly wrote back to the VC to make an investigation and take necessary action.
- Which was not done. Hence the 5 reminders.
- The last straw being the physical assault on the ABVP activist which almost cost him his life. The cries of the mother were finally given due consideration. I still feel if the ABVP activist’s mother and son convert even now, entire controversy would die down like a fish succumbs to open air.
- Which compelled the VC to initiate an inquiry and then proclaim Rohit and his fellow activists guilty of the assault leading to suspension.
- The inquiry of the Dalit VC himself was more out of compulsion rather conviction, since he himself under pressure from SFI & AISA who are very strong and dominant on the campus refused to take action against Rohith and his friends for their initial several digressions and based on several complaints against them. Which if he had done so initially, this entire incident would have been avoided.
- The ABVP activists complained to Shri, Dattatreya only after they realized that their complaints were falling on deaf ears.
- Now Rohith started to feel the heat on his suspension entirely due to his own activities. He started to understand that his future is bleak, and that, he himself had to be blamed.
- Combined with the fact that, he himself started doubting the integrity of his fellow activists.
29, Testimony is Rohith Vemula himself changed his alliance from one Student organization to another.
- Again, testimony of his conflicting emotions on his present situation was he severely castigated Sitaram Yechury after hearing one his speeches during his visit to the campus.
- Rohith Vemula trashed Sitaram Yechury’s speech as completely hollow and hypocritical.
- REST IS HISTORY!
We have turned from a nation of hard workers to a nation of peeping toms, courtesy the Media. Nowhere is this more evident then, the curiosity generated on the Rohith Vemula case in the rest of India rather than his own states of Telangana (where he is studying) or Andhra (from where he belongs to). Please go through all the social media activity on his death. You will hardly find 1-2% of the people commenting are Telugus. This though, Telugus are perhaps the most active social media in the country. If you possibly take a stroll in any street of Guntur (his hometown), or for the matter 5 kms away from the Hyd CU Campus you might invoke a curious blank stare if and when you ask anyone about Rohith Vemula.
This incident has made us compare 3 OBC Mothers. Rather, it has become a tale of 3 OBC Mothers. One OBC Mother being the mother of Rohith Vemula, who though having the benefit of OBC reservations, goes ahead and converts herself and her kids to Christianity which automatically brings them as Dalits in India. Another OBC Mother has no one to help her. Her biggest crime is to be and remain as a Hindu. No one to give her justice for the physical assault on her son which could have led to his death. And she has to bear the ignominy of the person who led the assault actually taking his life due to his own follies. Means, her justice is still cold. Since, the person who actually led the assault was not Rohith or his friends, but the big Monolith called as SFI/AISA. The 3rd OBC Mother being a mother who worked at other people’s houses and gave birth to a son who went on to become the PM of our nation.
No one will and shall have any objections if anyone wants to convert from being a Hindu Dalit to a Christian Dalit. The Hindu Dalits of the 2 Telugu states of Telangana or Andhra are called as Malas or Madigas. Conversion from being a Hindu Mala or Madiga to a Christian Mala or Madiga is ok. Since, everyone has freedom to follow his or her own religion in this country. But, what shall we say, if anyone converts from an OBC or Upper Caste to Christianity for the sake of being declared as a Dalit? Since, if any OBC or Upper Caste says, he wants to become a Hindu Mala/Madiga or Hindu Dalit, his purpose, which is for state benefits, will be out easily. But, to escape scrutiny, conversion to Christianity and then getting oneself qualified as a Dalit becomes an easy option. Which is actually a big and running scam in Andhra & Telangana.
Shouldnt we say that, the true Dalit whether Hindu Mala/Madiga or Christian Mala/Madiga are actually loosing their benefits with the conversions of OBC Hindus and Upper Caste Hindus into Christianity? So, who is getting affected. It is the actual Hindu or Christian Dalit of Mala/Madiga.
Everything hinges on the Mother’s testimony where she is claiming to be a Madiga by birth which is being strongly refuted by the very person who brought her up and married her to her son, which is her mother-in-law. No one from her in-laws family are ready to confirm that she is or was a Dalit (Hindu or Christian) when she was found by her mother-in-law as a child. At the same time, Rohith’s mother has not brought her parents or brothers in front to prove that she was a born Madiga. Since, as per law kids are allowed to follow their Mother’s caste in case the parents are separated or divorced. Which is the version the Mother is sticking to. This in spite the Telangana Police clearly and effectively confirming that they are OBCs, including the Mother.
This lady is playing strong and effective politics superbly guided by the Evangelical Organizations who guided her and her family into conversion. Completely ignoring the transgressions of her son who himself is responsible for this situation. She has got a lot to loose if it is proved that she and her kids were not Dalit. Not only she but the entire scam of conversions in Andhra and Telangana will be dealt a body blow if this is proved.
This has to be proved effectively and immediately to stop the narrative being developed against the Government on the Dalit issue.
This is precisely the case with Rohith Vemula’s family, which everyone is ignoring, along with his several digressions on the University Campus which led himself to take his own life.