The diyas of Diwali hadn’t even cooled down, when an Army veteran, Ram Kishan Grewal, committed suicide by consuming sulfas tablets. Reason? He was apparently denied his due pension under the illustrious One Rank One Pension Scheme, and he was robbed of his happiness, sanity and honor as an ex soldier. It only needed a few seconds for the news to go viral, when the political vultures, who would otherwise deride Indian Army as Modi’s paid soldiers, as their only protectors and benefactors.
As usual, on the lines of the insidious and wily campaign post Rohith Vemula’s suicide, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and the unofficial Chief Minister of India, Arvind Kejriwal flew immediately towards the apparent Ground Zero, out to give their sympathies. They even barged into RML hospital, where the body was kept for post mortem apparently, although the dead body of Ram Kishan Grewal was actually kept at Lady Hardinge Hospital. Thankfully, in a show of commitment to their duty, the Delhi police kept these vulture politicians at bay, even to the extent of detaining them. Likewise, most of the opposition leaders, including Deputy CM of Delhi Manish Sisodia and Labor Minister Gopal Rai were detained in separate police stations as well.
While the case seems to be no doubt another reminiscence of the wily opposition attempting to create another Rohith Vemula, and logical counter attacks are derided by the mainstream media as insensitive (General [Retd.] Vijay Kumar Singh knows it better).
Following is a gist of what happened that led to the suicide of retired Subedar Ram Kishan Grewal:-
- Ram Kishan Grewal retired as Subedar from the Army in 2004. His salary at that time was Rs. 14000
- As a beneficiary under One Rank One Pension, Mr. Ram Kishan Grewal was entitled to Rs. 28000 approximately per month as pension, under 6th Pay Commission.
- Due to nonpayment of the sum, Mr. Ram Kishan Grewal requested a meeting with the Lok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan and the Minister of Defence, Shri Manohar Parrikar, on the 31st of October
- The very next day, he ingested sulfas tablets behind the new building of MEA, for reasons best known to him. He died soon after at the RML hospital.
However, there are some facts, as given below, which add a sickening twist to this apparently angering suicide:-
- Ram Krishna Grewal was a village Sarpanch post retirement, and had some close proximity to the Congress party, courtesy his village work, for which he was awarded under the Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan Scheme (now the magnum opus SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAAN). Was the suicide a political gimmick to create unrest between the Indian soldiers, as is notorious for Congress’ wicked policy of Divided and Rule.
- Ram Kishan Grewal’s pension under OROP was Rs. 28000 per month, out of which Rs. 23000/- was already credited to him, by the time he reached Delhi. The manual error of Rs. 5000/- could have been sorted out by a simple letter to the concerned branch. Why did Mr. Grewal commit suicide for a mere Rs. 5000/-?
- Above all, the veteran armyman, who was otherwise at the forefront of this OROP issue, did not even wait for the reply of his letter apparently submitted to the Defence Minister, and committed suicide the very next day. Was he really that impatient, or was it something else?
Interestingly, the events that unfolded post his suicide tell another story altogether, as noted below:-
- Immediately after the news of his suicide and the apparent cause stated in the suicide note was broadcasted, without delay, leaders like Rahul Gandhi and Arvind Kejriwal flocked to the wrong hospital, holding demonstrations within the RML hospital, provoking the aggrieved family to do the same as well.
- Along with the Bhopal encounter, the apparent suicide is being portrayed as the tyranny of Modi government, with the apparent arrests of Rahul Gandhi and Arvind Kejriwal adding fuel to the fire. Although the aggrieved family were dispersed by the Delhi police, news of their arrests (although absolutely bogus) are spreading like wild fire. Surprisingly, how can these scumbags claim to be the custodians of the honor of the soldiers, when they were the first ones to insult them at the drop of the hat, whether at JNU or after the surgical strikes?
- Not only this, but also the unofficial Chief Minister of INDIA currently mouthed poison from JNU, mocking BJP despite their logical counterattacks, both from Parrikar and VK Singh’s side.
Another arresting fact behind such outrage is the coincidence of the timing in the outrage and the forthcoming Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly elections. While all parties are leaving no stone unturned to make sure BJP doesn’t regain their lost ground, the right winged nationalist party is striking back with the right moves : be it the deserving surgical strikes, or their progressive stance on the Uniform Civil Code, or even the deserved encounter of SIMI terrorists near Bhopal.
If you can exercise your grey matter well, you will remember, that only a year ago, by September, being on backfoot, the pseudo secular cartel of INDIA had joined hands, and created mountains out of mole hill. Minor incidents like the village lynching of an illegal beef hoarder Mohammad Akhlaque in Bisahda were willfully portrayed as vicious campaigns of ‘intolerance’ on the OVER PRIVILEGED minorities by the ruling BJP, especially in the light of Mohan Bhagwat’s statement of putting the reservation system under review, which led to the corrupt alliance led by Nitish Kumar ascending the Chief Ministership of Bihar state. How the Biharis are suffering nowadays is for everyone to see?
Is the current outrage against the BJP government another attempt to redo the tragedy of Bihar and Delhi? Isn’t the timing coincidental? If this is true, one must nip this conspiracy in the bud, before the denizens of Uttar Pradesh face the ignominy of having elected a monster as their leader. Ram Kishan Grewal’s suicide is unfortunate no doubt, but using his corpse for political mileage is macabre. Let not cannibals like Rahul Gandhi (calling them vultures would insult the natural scavengers) and Arvind Kejriwal make INDIA suffer for their selfish motives.