Cracked RBI Assistant Prelims 2020? It’s time to qualify RBI Assistant Mains 2020 with the same endeavor but more significant efforts. To guide you to success, we have carefully curated a few strategies to make your preparation more efficient and productive.
The RBI Assistant Mains 2020 exam will consist of a total 5 sections which comprise of 200 questions (40 questions each) to be solved in 135 minutes. These sections are as follows:
- Reasoning Ability
- Numerical Ability
- English Language
- Computer Knowledge
- General Awareness
To elevate your chances of qualifying RBI Assistant Mains 2020, we have compiled a section-wise strategy for you. Following these tips and tricks will simplify your preparation and journey towards success. Study with the RBI Assistant exam preparation app that will help you in improving the performance score much better.
Best Preparation Tips for Reasoning Section:
The Reasoning Section is commonly asked in all the banking examinations. The best part about preparing this section is that memorizing rules or formulas are not required here. Logical thinking, practice and time management is all it takes to master this section.
The Reasoning Syllabus consists of – Syllogism, Seating Arrangement -Circular, Square & Linear, Puzzle, Blood Relation, Inequality, Data Sufficiency, Coding & Decoding, Distance & Direction, Ranking, etc.
- Time management is crucial when attempting reasoning questions. If you are doing it right, the question will be solved within minutes. If not, move on to another question and re-attempt the previous one later with a fresh mind.
- To avoid mistakes in questions from Puzzles, Seating Arrangement -Circular, Square & Linear and Blood Relations, read the question correctly, highlighting or noting down the important facts so that you do not omit them.
- Topics like Blood Relation are few other topics which are easy to solve. One fundamental trick to answer blood relation questions is to relate it to your personal relations.
- For questions on Distance and Directions, it is advisable to use a pen and paper to avoid confusion.
- Don’t be overconfident while solving reasoning questions as it may seem easier and fun, due to which students tend to procrastinate practicing it. Practice your questions everyday to overcome the competition.
Best Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability Section
The Numerical Ability section tests your proficiency with numbers. This section is relatively more extensive since you have plenty of formulas to memorize and several other tricks to remember. Thus, we have a few preparation strategies tips and tricks that will help your preparation journey smoother and more manageable.
- To start with, going through the syllabus is essential to realize the time required for the preparation.
Syllabus: Number Series, Data Interpretation, Average, Profit & Loss, Time & Work, Data Sufficiency, Simplification/Approximation, Quadratic Equation, Time & Distance, Partnership, Ratio & Proportion, Problem on Ages, Boats & Streams, Pipe & Cisterns.
- Your speed of solving questions in the Numerical Ability section is crucial. To ensure that, learn tables, squares and cubes. You also need to learn short tricks and shortcuts to solve questions.
- Compile your formulas, tricks and shortcuts on a single page. Keep it with you at all times for numerous revisions.
- Do not make a mistake of reading Numerical Ability books like a novel. The more you write and practice, the better are the chances of scoring high marks.
- Towards the end of your preparation, solve full-length papers and mock tests. This way you can balance a mix of questions within a time frame with high accuracy.
Preparation Tips for English Language Section
After going through the syllabus of RBI Assistant Mains exam properly, you will realize that all it need is vocabulary enhancement, reading every day and brushing up basic grammar rules.
Syllabus: Reading Comprehension, Spotting Error, Sentence Improvement, Para-Jumbles, Fill in the blank, Cloze test.
- To improve and prepare the vocabulary section, learn and revise every day. Prepare using previous year papers and newspaper editorials to accumulate the list of words in one place.
- Focus on important sections like Tense usage, subject-verb agreement, Noun & adjectives modifiers, active-passive sentences, etc.
- Read different genres and from various sources every day. While you read, focus and learn sentence structuring, spelling and meaning of confusing words while adding new words to your list.
Preparation Tips for Computer Knowledge Section
The Computer Knowledge section is all about Computer Generation, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Operating System, Computer Hardware, Abbreviations.
- Be Practical: Though the syllabus revolves around the theory of computer knowledge, it will be beneficial if you seek someone’s help and learn the topics practically.
- Refer to a single source to complete the syllabus revise it several times.
Preparation Tips for General Awareness Section
General Awareness (GA) is a vast topic of the RBI Assistant Mains syllabus.
- This section is more dependent on memorizing than practice. Once you have covered the entire syllabus, make a timetable to ensure revision of this section every day. Most of the students lose marks in GA due to their inability to recall what they had learnt. The solution to that is only revision.
- Read newspapers like The Hindu, Economic Times, Indian Express etc. every day with a focus on the relevant points related to Banking/Financial Awareness and Economics.
- Read all the important updates like monetary policies, RBI structure and appointments of the governor.