The official twitter account of the Health Department of Andhra Pradesh named ArogyaAndhra has become popular during the pandemic and the tweets of the account are still quoted by big media houses in India.
It is not that only Andhra’s twitter account is popular in twitter but Bihar’s Health Departments twitter account is also getting popular. Bihar’s Health Departments twitter account also has a following of 435k.
ArogyaAndhra on Twitter
The official account of Andhra Pradesh health department ArogyaAndhra has more than 106k followers on twitter and it has been very active since the pandemic. The account posts regularly and it is a reliable source for Andhra’s health and Covid related situation updates.
Health Department of Andhra
Director of Public Health and Family Welfare monitors the Public Health Services, prevention and control of communicable diseases and implementation of National and State Health programmes, which particularly is fairly significant.
The DPH&FW mostly is responsible for prevention, control and management of endemic and epidemic diseases, health promotion, management of all particularly primary health institutions in rural and urban areas of the state and implementation of Births and Deaths ACT, which is fairly significant.
LIST OF MAJOR PROGRAMMES/SCHEMES IMPLEMENTED by ArogyaAndhra
National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme.
Revised National TB Control Programme.
National Leprosy Eradication Programme.
National Program for Control of Blindness.
Integrated Disease Surveillance Project.
Epidemic Control (G.E., Diarrhea, Cholera and Jaundice).
National Iodine Deficiency Disorders Control Program.
National Program for prevention and control of diabetic, cancer, cardiovascular disease and Stroke (NPCDCS).
National Program for Health care of the Elderly (NPHCE).
National Programme for prevention and Control of Fluorosis (NPPCF).
National Tobacco Control Programme (NTCP)
The Directorate of Medical Education of Andhra
The Directorate of Medical Education ensures the sort of smooth functioning of all medical colleges and attached teaching hospitals, kind of Dental Colleges, nursing schools and nursing colleges in a subtle way.
Also Read: Everything you need to know about PIB Hindi
The main functions and services of Directorate are
1. To provide Specialist Medical Care and medical facilities to people through hospitals.
2. To impart quality Medical Education to undergraduates, P.G. and Super Specialty post graduates through medical colleges and teaching hospitals. 3. To provide training in para-medical courses like nursing and medical and laboratory technology, etc., through Medical colleges and Teaching Hospitals
Other functions of ArogyaAndhra
1. Granting permission for the establishment of new medical colleges, dental colleges, nursing colleges in the state.
2. Granting permission to related and unrelated organ transplantation in the state.
3. Recognition of referral hospitals empanelment through legal cell process.
4. Medical boards and issue of physically handicapped certificates to people through hospitals.
5. For appropriate recommendations on the proposal for relaxation of rules for medical reimbursement of employees.
For more news please follow us on twitter : @tfipost