PM Gati Shakti Scheme: In the globalised world, with a dense interconnectedness among people and nations, the economy plays a vital role. For economic prosperity, there is a need for robust infrastructure. So, the government of India is looking to reform the infrastructure holistically through the PM Gati Shakti yojna.
From the ramparts of the Red Fort, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the PM Gati Shakti scheme on Independence Day in 2021. PM Gati Shakti Scheme aims to synchronise the existing and proposed projects of individual ministries according to the overall plan.
According to NITI AAYOG, every rupee spent on infrastructure in India creates Rs. 2.5-3.5 in GDP. While 64% of Indian freight moves through roads, the burden of logistics on GDP is 13-14% which is almost double of many competitive economies with 6-8%.
Targeted infrastructure reforms till 2025
- The Ministry of Roads, Transport and Highway targeted construction of 2,00,000 kms of national highways.
- Along with that it is also looking to complete 4 or 6-lane national highways of 5,590 km along coastal areas and connecting all state capitals of northeast with 4-lane or 2-lane national highways.
- Railway ministry and shipping sector have targeted to handle 1600 and 1759 million tonnes of cargos per annum respectively.
- The targeted construction of airports and heliports under Aviation ministry is set to 200 till 2025.
- The gas pipeline network is also targeted to achieve a 34,500 km mark. PM Gati Shakti Scheme includes the development of 11 industrial sectors, 38 electronic and 109 pharmaceutical sectors with Rs. 1.7 lakh crore defence production target.
The targets achieved so far
- As of now the data shows that,1,41,190 KMs of National Highways was already built in 2021-22.
- The Railway ministry reached the cargo handling capacity of 1410 million tonnes which is pacing at almost 200 million tonnes per year.
- In the task of building 220 airports and heliports, the government has completed 63% of its target with 140 ports till 2021-22.
- The stretch of gas pipeline has increased to 20000 km.
- The most significant achievement comes from Power transmission network. The target of 4,54,200 circuit km is achieved within a year with a total length of 4,54,540 km.
- Optical Fibre Connectivity has also reached to 1,75,827 gram panchayats against the target of 2,60,000 till 2025.The interesting fact is that during 2014 there was no gram panchayat connected to optical fibre.
PM Gati Shakti Scheme is the reflection of New India
Brilliant plans have always been made, but India has struggled with execution. However, the PM Gati Shakti National Master Plan is set to change this perception. PM Modi is well-known for setting lofty goals and meeting them on time. The current trends in the PM Gati Shakti Scheme reflect his working style. The success of this policy will accelerate the growth of the Indian economy and will become a milestone in its development.
Support us to strengthen the ‘Right’ ideology of cultural nationalism by purchasing the best quality garments from TFI-STORE.COM