Stepping into the year 2021 was exceptional in many ways. It brought along more than usual expectations with it this time. After months of suffering through the pandemic, we have all looked forward to a fresh start. While the impact of the coronavirus may be slowing down, it is crucial to remember that the fight is not over yet.
We are all familiar with the N95 mask by now to understand how it impacts the spread of Coronavirus. The question is, do we still need to wear them? As the vaccination has begun rolling out in different parts of the world, this is a persisting question in everyone’s mind.
The answer to that is – Yes. We still need N95 masks for protection due to a multitude of reasons. An evident one being that we are still vulnerable to the infection. But, regardless of the pandemic, the positive impact of wearing masks has not gone unnoticed.
In a country that suffers vastly from air pollution-related problems, N95 mask can be extremely useful in the long-run. Let’s understand how an N95 mask works in detail to understand better.
How Does N95 Mask Work?
N95 mask is a respiratory device that was predominantly used in the healthcare sector. However, as the pandemic gripped the world, it became more commonplace because of its efficiency. The NIOSH-approved N95 mask provides a 95% filtration efficiency for contaminants like dust, mist, and fumes.
When the coronavirus outbreak occurred, there was a sudden increase in demand for the N95 mask, leading to a supply shortage. The market has been made up for it by coming up with modified versions suited to the common person’s requirements.
You can choose from a variety of N95 masks available easily online. But, there is also a downside to the abundance of options. You may come across low-quality fake masks that cannot serve their purpose well. Going for reliable brands like Nirvana Being that offer technologically-advanced and comfortable masks can prevent that from happening.
Why Do You Need Masks in 2021?
Fighting against unexpected circumstances on such a large-scale is time-taking and requires patience. When it is about your health and safety, it is even more crucial. Here are some reasons why you should continue wearing N95 masks this year:
- As of January 2021, there are still 2,00,528 active cases of Coronavirus in India. While the increased recovery rate is something to be happy about, it is important not to become negligent.
- Most schools, colleges, and offices are planning to reopen sometime this year, which means more public interaction. As the lockdown regulations are easing, there is an increased chance of risk in the near future. Wearing a comfortable and good-quality N95 mask should be a part of our daily routine as we prepare to resume our regular lives.
- Even though public facilities are taking up the necessary steps to increase safety, it is important to take personal measures. N95 mask will give you an additional layer of protection in uncertain times.
The virus has been known not to show any symptoms in some infected people. So, we may not realize when we come into contact with someone carrying the coronavirus. N95 mask prevents you from accidentally transferring it to someone else and to stop the community spread.
- Furthermore, there has been news about a new strain of the virus that has infected several people. In this situation, abandoning the N95 mask may not be favorable.
- When we have made it this far in the struggle against the pandemic, it is unwise to be ignorant. In fact, it is more crucial now to wear the N95 mask and not fall behind again.
Finding the New Normal
A lot has happened in the last few months that it is difficult to predict the developments for the new year. We have to find what works best and remain cautious while doing so. When we are unsure of how the new normal will look like, it is best to continue taking the safety measures like wearing the N95 mask.
Keeping everything in mind, the prolonged health and safety measures can only do good rather than cause any harm. The efforts that we put in right now will bring us closer to the end of the health-nightmare.