Vikas Pandey is a software engineer by profession. He also operates a popular social media page “I Support NaMo”. The page is liked and followed by millions of people on Twitter and Facebook. On Wednesday, Vikas Pandey, through his lawyer, Alakh Alok Srivastava, filed a complaint to the Delhi Police. The complaint has been filed against the CM of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, Pro-AAP Youtuber Dhruv Rathee and one Mahavir Prasad. The complaint filed is regarding a video which was shared by Arvind Kejriwal’s official Twitter handle. Youtuber Dhruv Rathee and self-proclaimed ex-BJP IT cell member, Mahavir Prasad, appear in the controversial video and what appears to be a scripted video released in March 2018 and in the subsequent video released in May, 2018.
On behalf of my client @MODIfiedVikas Ji, filed Police Complaint against @ArvindKejriwal, @dhruv_rathee and Mahavir Prasad for spreading lies & making false allegations against Vikas Ji. Criminal & Civil Defamation cases are also being filed against above persons in Court soon. pic.twitter.com/12UPQyOgkU
— Alakh Alok Srivastav (@advocate_alakh) May 9, 2018
He has been shady for quite some time. My sources had told me what he has confirmed in his video.
But that's what this fight is all about. No one with impure intentions can survive beyond a point.https://t.co/AOGFsXaF4W
— Ankit Lal (@AnkitLal) May 7, 2018
Mahavir Prasad and Dhruv Rathee had tried to propagate misleading information concerning the functioning of BJP IT cell and also mentioned that Vikas Pandey is an active member of the BJP IT cell. Mahavir Prasad as claimed in the video is said to be among the top 200 functionaries of the BJP-IT cell. Vikas Pandey had been called a member of BJP’s IT cell in the first video. In the second video made by Dhruv Rathee, it is alleged that Vikas Pandey had tried to pay a bribe of Rs. 50 lakhs to Mahavir Prasad Khileri in order to defame Dhruv Rathee. Mahavir Prasad claims to be an ex-BJP IT cell member having joined the IT cell in 2012 and finally left it in 2015, while Dhruv Rathee actively uses his account to misinform the public.
The second video which was released on May 7th laid further accusations on Vikas Pandey. Vikas Pandey was accused in the video of offering a sum of Rs 50 lakhs to Mahavir Prasad in order to defame Dhruv Rathee. The allegations levied on the video also included another social media guy named Abhishek Mishra (@meamabhishek). Abhishek Mishra is the person who allegedly called Mahavir Prasad on behalf of Vikas Pandey. He is the person who offered the large sum of money and tried to convince Mahavir to go back on his words. The latest video is a phone recording between Abhishek Mishra and Mahavir Prasad. Dhruv Rathee appears in the video as well and narrates the turn of events to suit his narrative. This is the video which was retweeted by Arvind Kejriwal on social media.
Dhruv Rathee claims in the video that Vikas Pandey used Abhishek Mishra as a coordinator to offer Rs. 50 Lacs to Mahavir Prasad to say that the interview was staged and that he was cajoled and paid by Dhruv to spread lies. Funnily, there is no mention of the said transaction in the audio clip.
Vikas Pandey, in the complaint filed to the Commissioner of Delhi Police, has clearly mentioned that he never was a part of BJP IT-cell. The complaint also mentions that he or anybody in his behalf had never made any offer of money to the accused Mahavir Prasad. The accusations levied on him, of being propagator of fake news, has also been denied by Vikas Pandey. Mahavir Prasad had been blocked by Vikas years ago.
The video and it’s sharing by the likes of Arvind Kejriwal has caused troubles for Vikas Pandey. His reputation has taken a huge blow owing to the false allegations made by the duo in the video. The instant complaint filed to the police requests the registration of an FIR against, Arvind Kejriwal, Dhruv Rathee and Mahavir Prasad under Sections 503 (Criminal Intimidation), 504 (Intentional Insult), 505 (Statements conducing to Public Mischief) and 506 (Punishment to Criminal Intimidation) of the IPC and the Information Technology act, 2000. A separate Civil and Criminal Defamation suit might follow soon for the three accused as well.
We talked to Vikas Pandey about the incident. He told us that he is not a member of the IT Cell but BJP follower and an ardent supporter of Prime Minister Modi. He said that he will bring the case to a logical conclusion. He went on to mention that the allegations against him are way too grave and he is not going to take it lying down.
Vikas Pandey has taken a brave decision to openly challenge the social media fraudsters like Dhruv Rathee and Mahavir Prasad. The enquiries in this case will expose the modus operandi of workers of the anti-BJP unit. Arvind Kejriwal might have to apologise once again very soon in order to save face. The fake news churning machines of the Left will come to a pause for the days to come following the suit.