“Once there, Chetak reared high in the air and planted his hooves on the forehead of Man Singh’s elephant. In the general melee that followed, Chetak received a fatal wound on one of his legs. Maharana then took Chetak out of the battlefield, running a distance of about 3- 5 kilometres. They came upon a river, 21 feet wide, which Chetak with his wounded leg jumped across. Some distance ahead Chetak collapsed and became unconscious, eventually dying’’
Above is an excerpt from the battle scene of Maharana Pratap with his faithful horse Chetak.
The fallacy in the Media coverage of the Horse incident in Uttarakhand can addressed with the following facts as below:
- A horse is a highly faithful and intelligent animal.
- It is also a highly alert & aggressive animal when confronted from the front. In fact, it does not allow anyone to be aggressive at it or its mounted master from the front. Its immediate reaction would be, when confronted from the front is to raise its forelegs and trample the aggressor.
- There are many incidents of horses killing their aggressors, man or animal, when confronted from the front. In fact carnivores trying to kill a horse think ten times before approaching a horse either from front or rear.
- Further, there is no evidence historically of a horse succumbing to a carnivore attack, ever. Such is the alertness of a horse to aggression.
- The limbs of a horse are extremely powerful. Being an Electrical Engineer myself the 1st unit to which we are introduced as a unit of Power is ‘HP’ (Horse Power). 1HP = 0.75KW
- The limbs of a horse are so designed by nature and God to withstand the highest of stresses under extreme combat conditions.
So, what does this tell us? And, what story does the video of this unfortunate incident too tell us?
- From the point of view of the horse, the actions of the BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi was not even remotely aggressive warranting a counter action of defense from its end.
- Which also means that not even one of the stick blows which Ganesh Joshi was shown to be hurling, fell on the horse. In fact, the horse was shown as completely bemused at the extremely childlike actions of Ganesh Joshi.
- The video in fact clearly shows that not a single blow from the MLA Ganesh Joshi ’s stick, which was being waived by him as a piece of cloth rather than a stick, fell on the horse.
If it would have, the MLA Ganesh Joshi, who was standing so close in front of the horse would have been history by now.
- All the MLA Ganesh Joshi was doing, as is amply evident from the video, was to show quarter hearted aggression (not even half hearted) with his stick for the Police to back off. Which, it seems did not even qualify for a response from either the Policeman or the Horse itself.
- Another amusing aspect on the entire issue is, the MLA Ganesh Joshi is shown waving his stick at the front and the injury is shown at the hind leg. What is the connection??? Only the Media can tell.
- Now coming to the BJP Supporter who seemed to have tugged at the Policeman. All it seems to have transpired is, the supporter tugging at the Policeman to force him to dis-mount his horse. But, the policeman chose to stay on his horse due to which the horse too seemed to have sat down under the direction of its master and not due to force of the pull.
- Now, here is the twist. No pull and tug in this entire planet can lead a horse to snap one of its hind legs. Specially a pull from a human who weighs about a quarter to half that of a horse. The hind legs of a horse are the most powerful creation of God and Nature.
- Apparently it seems the horse’s legs got entwined in a split down which made it difficult for it to maneuver and immediately get up after it sat down, which a horse does instinctively.
Now, who is to be blamed for this situation?
- I personally feel that, the Uttarakhand Police should be booked under a case of ‘Cruelty towards animals’, to have exposed the Horse to a hostile public.
- If the BJP wants to turn the tide, they should slap a notice on the Uttarakhand Police for allowing and leading the Horse into a hostile situation.
- Additionally, the BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi should serve notice on the select TV Channels who did 24×7 coverage of the incident flashing his name and profile all along, indirectly sullying and destroying his reputation. Believe me, if he chooses to do so, he would end up as a very happy individual with the outcome. He would be doing himself and his party a huge favor.
A court led investigation which would follow the notice would make it clear that, the Horse injury is not out of any act of aggression either from the MLA Ganesh Joshi or his supporters, but, due to callousness of the Police, specifically the mounted Policeman, and to a freak act of nature.
Fortunately for the BJP, the hostile Media are leaving enough loop holes in their lop sided coverage for them (BJP) to follow-up and shred their views and news to smithereens. The BJP can take encouragement from the recent NBSA decision to penalize Times Now on their negative coverage on the Jasleen Kaur-Sarabjit Singh eve-teasing controversy.
It’s for the BJP to take up this highly amusing challenge.