Modi Cabinet Reshuffle – The Union Council of Ministers was today expanded with the induction of 19 new Ministers of State. Shri Prakash Javadekar, Minister of State with Independent Charge of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has been elevated as Cabinet Minister. President Shri Pranab Mukherjee administered Oath of Office and Secrecy to 20 Ministers.
Vice-President Shri Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Union Ministers Shri Rajnath Singh, Shri Arun Jaitely, Shri Ramvilas Paswan, Shri Anant Geete, Shri Sadananda Gowda, Smt.Smriti Irani besides other ministers and dignitaries attended the swearing in ceremony in the Durbar Hall of Rashtrapati Bhawan.
Of the 19 new Ministers inducted today from 10 States, 15 have past legislative experience in the Parliament and in State Legislatures with 10 of them having served in central and state governments as Ministers and officials..
Of the new ministers, 9 are Post-Graduates and 7 Graduates including 7 with Degrees in Law, 2 Business Graduates and a Doctor.
Modi Cabinet Reshuffle – Cabinet Ministers
- Venkaiah Naidu is the new I&B Minister now
- Narendra Tomar Rural Development Minister
- Chaudhary Virendra Singh Steel Minister
- Sadananda Gowda given Statistics and Programme implementation
- RS Prasad given Law and Justice Department
- Prakash Javadekar given HRD Department
- Smriti Irani has now been given Textiles Ministry
- Ananth Kumar is the new Parliamentary Affairs minister
Modi Cabinet Reshuffle – Ministers of State, Independent Charge
- Sports ministry given to Vijay Goel
- Anil Madhav Dave Environment Minister
- Manoj Sinha Railways and Communications
Modi Cabinet Reshuffle – Ministers of State
- Purushottam Rupala Farmer welfare and Panchayati Raj Ministry
- Rajan Gohen Railway Ministry
- Santosh Kumar Gangwar given Finance department
- Faggan Singh Kulaste given health and family welfare
- Hansraj Ahir given Home affairs
- Ramesh Chandappa Jigajinagi given drinking water and sanitation department
- Anupriya Patel gets Health and family welfare
- Ajay Tamta given textiles department
- Krishna Raj Women and Child development Ministry
- Subhash Ramarao Defense
- Jayant Sinha given Civil aviation
- PP Chaudhary Law Ministry
- CR Chaudhary Consumer Affairs
- Mahendra Nath Pandey Education Ministry
- Mansukh Mandaviya Transport MInistry
- Arjun Ram Meghwal given finance, corporate affairs
- Ramdas Athawale given social justice and empowerment department
- MJ Akbar given External affairs
- SS Aluhwalia given agriculture and farmers welfare, parliamentary affairs department.
The biggest news of course is Smriti Irani’s apparent demotion? But is it so? Or is she being prepared for the big UP battle, either as the CM Candidate or the Chief Campaigner for the party?
We’ll certainly get to know about Modi’s plan in the coming days.
Image Source: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/photo.aspx
Leave a Reply