Exposing the UPA government and its nefarious plans to frame the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) for 2008, Malegaon Bomb blast, another witness, 17th in total has taken a U-turn on his previous statements. Reportedly, the witness told the court on Thursday that the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), which probed the case initially had tortured and pressurized him to name the RSS leaders. As a result, Judge PR Sitre of the special court for National Investigation Agency (NIA) cases declared him hostile (refused to support the prosecution case).
The witness said, “They wanted me to take RSS members’ names and take anyone’s name who is not from their association. They hit me every day while I was detained but today I’m courageous to speak the truth. Mumbai ATS even threatened that if I spoke the truth, they’d kill me,”
Malegaon blast case 2008 | Another witness turns in the case trial. This is the 17th hostile witness. He told the court that he was kidnapped by ATS and was kept in illegal custody for three-four days, and was forced to take names of RSS leaders in the case.
— ANI (@ANI) February 3, 2022
The witness also stated that he did not belong to any political party or RSS and did not know any RSS leader. He added that he was pressured and threatened and had injured his ear due to it. When asked if he had reported it to any police authority, the witness said that he had not, out of fear.
ATS coerced us to name CM Yogi Adityanath and other RSS leaders: Witness
It is pertinent to note that of the 222 prosecution witnesses examined in the case so far, 17 have turned hostile. As reported by TFI, in December last year, another witness in a shocking revelation, told the court that he was threatened by tainted and suspended Param Bir Singh to implicate Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath and four Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) leaders, including Swami Aseemanand and Indresh Kumar.
Malegaon blast case, 2008
On September 29, 2008, an explosive device strapped on a motorcycle exploded near a mosque in Nashik’s Malegaon town, located about 200 km from Mumbai, killing six people and leaving 100 others injured.
The accused in the case included Lok Sabha member Pragya Thakur, lieutenant colonel Prasad Purohit, Sudhakar Dwivedi, Major (retired) Ramesh Upadhyay, Ajay Rahirkar, Sudhakar Chaturvedi, and Sameer Kulkarni, who are currently out on bail.
The trial in the case began on November 2, 2018, and the prosecution submitted a list of around 277 witnesses that include doctors, police officials, forensic experts, and witnesses.
Read More: The Importance of Being Sadhvi Pragya Thakur
On October 30, 2018, the charges against all the seven accused were framed by the court for terror activities, criminal conspiracy and murder. The accused face trial under sections of the stringent Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA).
However, with witnesses turning left, right, and centre, the ATS and its credibility are taking a severe hit. UPA, meanwhile, stands exposed once again for trying to manufacture the term ‘Hindu terrorism’. It was two months later that the Mumbai 26/11 attacks will take place and the entire Congress machinery get down on the ground to propagate its theory. However, with time, it has only been exposed as a figment of UPAs imagination.